Nutrition Talk Especially for Endurance Athlete
【Nutrition Talk - Especially for Endurance Athlete】
There are a few lucky runners out there with stomachs made of steel who can handle just about any food at any time. But for the rest of us, paying attention to what we eat and when we eat it can be the difference between a happy run or a miserable one .
As an endurance athlete, do we need a nutrition plan For an easy run lasting about an hour or less, most people can get by with empty stomach or a bit of water together with a banana . But when you run for longer than that, having a plan for exactly what and when you eat becomes increasingly important.
It’s not always simple to figure out how to best fuel up before, during and after a run. If you ask five trail runners how they do it, you’ll probably get five different answers. To really discover what works for your body, you’ll need to get out there and experiment. There is thousands of sport nutrition in the market and how can you pick those fit for your body
Gone Running is hosting a runners' nutrition sharing class with you.
🥗Nutrition basics: Learn where your body draws energy from and what it needs to stay strong during a run.
🥗Making a nutrition plan: What you eat before, during and after a run can greatly affect your running performance and speeding muscle recovery.
🥗Nutrition tips: Especially for your daily meal or race day, following a few simple tips can help you find what food works for you the best for your recovery and avoid guts bomb/ indigestion during race
When – January 13 (Fri, English) & January 16 (Mon, Chinese)
Time - 1930 – 2030
Where – Gone Running Store (3F, Simsons Commercial Building, 137-139 Johnston Road, Wan Chai)
Fee: $50. Registration fee will be 100% refund for participants shown up. For no shown entry fee, we will donate 100% fee to RUN Hong Kong organization.
Speaker: JoeJoe FAN
* 5 times Standard Chartered Marathon winner (local resident).
* 2001-2006 Oxfam OTW Overall Champion (Female or Mix Team)
* 2004 Phoenix 70K (now called Lantau 70) PB 9hrs29mins.
* 2004 Care Action 30K CR 3hours04mins
* 2 Times KOTH Queen of the Hills (2004-2006)
* Marathon PB: 2hrs48mins.
* MDS 2001 finisher
* Best Athlete Award 2009 by HKAAA
* HK Elite Athlete 2012-2014.
Guest Speaker: Vicky Sham
* Vicky is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach based in Hong Kong. She received her training in nutrition, holistic wellness, gut health, and coaching techniques from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Vicky offers one-on-one coaching to individuals who are inspired to reach their health goals in a sustainable way
100% satisfaction guaranteed.
We understand that it can be hard to get the perfect fit when shopping online, or sometimes what was delivered wasn't exactly what you want. Maybe you just changed your mind. For all full priced articles*, no problem, just contact us and we will offer you a replacement or a same value product swap - it's your call.
We only ask that items be returned in their original packaging and original condition (as used items can only be returned for manufacturer defect), within 7 days of purchase, and *not be special discounted items or use-by items.