AMO - NIMBUS Trail Running Sunglasses
- Meets EU safety, health and environmental protection requirements.
- Class 1 optical clarity with resolving power >28 on the NBS index (up to 45 for NXT® lens), with hydrophobic and anti-scratch lens coatings.
- Frames made from Grilamid TR90: lightweight, resistant to stress cracking and material fatigue and stand up well against UV exposure and extreme temperatures.
- Exceptionally lightweight, comfortable during long workouts.
- TPR® (thermoplastic rubber) fully adjustable soft-rubber nose pieces, adjustable in three dimensions: nose width, distance away from the face and height on the face. This means the sunglasses will fit perfectly, not slip down your nose and will not bounce on your face during exercise. TPR® gets stickier when exposed to heat and sweat, reducing slipping of the sunglasses on the nose.
- Hytrel® soft-rubber fully adjustable temple arms designed to be bent to shape and moulded to fit the head, significantly improving comfort and preventing rubbing and movement during exercise.
- Hard wearing, durable, lightweight, matt black case or silver bullet shaped case.
NIMBUS sunglasses from the TYPHOON series are thin-armed ultra-lightweight sports sunglasses suitable for marathon/road runners, trail/ultra-runners, triathletes and cyclists. If you want ‘ultra light’ then TYPHOON NIMBUS is the sports sunglasses for you!
NIMBUS sunglasses have been designed and field-tested by ultra-runners and triathletes. AMO’s goal was to create an incredibly lightweight and comfortable sports sunglasses that athletes could rely on during long workouts in extreme environments and which included all of the features they needed, not just some of the features. AMO has not compromised on this.
Polycarbonate Mirror Finish M Dark Lens
Strong, lightweight, impact resistant, multi-purpose lens with high optical clarity, made from high grade polycarbonate. Lens tint category 3 (M dark), smoke coloured with a reflective finish. Fits Typhoon series: Nimbus, Cirrus and Gale.
Ultra-lightweight, comfortable, strong and adjustable
AMO designs use high performing lightweight materials throughout: NIMBUS sunglasses grip the face and head and will not move, even during hard exercise. Yet, they are designed, so at the same time, the wearer will hardly notice they are wearing them.
NIMBUS sunglasses frames are slim yet flexible and very strong, made from Grilamid® TR-90, the purest and best TR-90 material for sports sunglasses frames: for strength, heat and chemical resistance, durability and weight. AMO has taken this amazing material and designed high performance frames for the NIMBUS sunglasses that are incredibly comfortable and incredibly lightweight.
NIMBUS sunglasses nose pieces are made from thermoplastic rubber TPR® and adjustable in three dimensions, for a highly customised fit and increased comfort. The temple ends are also fully adjustable and are manufactured using Hytrel® which increases grip when in contact with sweat to reduce movement during even the most extreme workouts. The temple arms are straight and rest comfortably, they will not pinch and are designed to slide inside bike helmets and running hats with ease. NIMBUS sunglasses offer a perfect fit for all head and face shapes and all ethnicities.
Outstanding optical performance
NIMBUS lenses have a Class 1 optical clarity: they eliminate haze, give a resolving power greater than 28 on the NBS clarity index (up to 45 for NXT® lens) and have a high ‘abbe’ value to eliminate optical distortion and magnification.
All NIMBUS lenses have a 'washable' hydrophobic or oleo-phobic coating to repel water, sweat and grease and keep the lenses clear, no matter what the weather conditions. NIMBUS lenses contain a scratch resistant coating to keep the surface free of imperfections and a reflective coating which reduces glare and decreases eye fatigue.
NIMBUS lenses have 100% UVA/UVB protection and comply with EN1836, ANSI Z80.3 and AS/NZS 1067 standards. Additionally, AMO’s NXT® and Premium Polycarbonate lenses are 1.8mm to 2mm thick and have superb impact resistance.
AMO stands behind its products and offers a 'life time' warranty for NIMBUS. See AMO’s lifetime 'warranty policy' for details.
NIMBUS colour: white
Gone Running says - Designed locally, these lightweight, highly technical sports sunglasses are perfect for Hong Kong conditions and recommended by some of Hong Kong's top athletes like Olya Korzh and Dan Falconar.
100% satisfaction guaranteed.
We understand that it can be hard to get the perfect fit when shopping online, or sometimes what was delivered wasn't exactly what you want. Maybe you just changed your mind. For all full priced articles*, no problem, just contact us and we will offer you a replacement or a same value product swap - it's your call.
We only ask that items be returned in their original packaging and original condition (as used items can only be returned for manufacturer defect), within 7 days of purchase, and *not be special discounted items or use-by items.
Please note however, clearance sale items are not returnable. Sold as seen.