Hong Kong FKT Board
Posted on April 08 2017
This FKT page is an archive of the fastest known times for trails and routes in Hong Kong. With the AFCD now banning races on many historically used courses and trails, increasingly more FKT records will come from specific solo endeavours.
Photo credit: C3fit
We would like to recognise those runners who have set these trail and mountain speed records, but they must be iconic routes. We don't want to simply make another Strava CR top 10 list!
However, there are rules and here we borrow from Buzz Burrell's three common sense guidelines:
- Announce your intentions in advance, including supported / self-supported / unsupported. Pay your respects to those who came before you, and tell them what you intend to attempt and when.
- Be an open book. Invite anyone to come and watch or, better yet, participate. This makes your effort more fun and any result more believable.
- Record your event. Write down everything immediately upon completion. Memory doesn't count.
As Peter Bakwin says, "These three rules do not "prove" you have done anything. They just make it easier for a good person to believe you." At a minimum, we would expect a Strava activity and GPS track (.gpx file) that can be independently verified but ultimately will work an honour system as trail running is generally full of cool dudes and dudettes.
For any inquiries, to propose a new FKT attempt or to claim a new FKT (both of which we shall post on our Gone Running Facebook page), please drop a line to email@example.com.
- Hong Kong 4 Trails Ultra Challenge (298km / 14,500m, supported) - Tom Robertshaw, 53:00, 28-30 Jan 2017)
- Full Maclehose Trail (100km / 4,400m, self-supported, original reverse) - Tom Robertshaw, 12:53, 28 Jan 2017
- Wilson Trail (original trail)
- Wilson Trail (78km / 3,900m, self-supported, original reverse) - Tom Robertshaw, 14:10, 29 Jan 2017
- Lantau Trail (70km / 3,500m, supported, Section 7 diversion) - Lucy Bartholomew, 8:48:45, 27 Oct 2018 (women)
- Lantau Trail (70km / 3,500m, supported, Section 7 diversion) - YAN Longfei, 7:03:36 8:32:52, 27 Oct 2018
- Lantau Trail (70km / 3,500m, self-supported, original reverse) - Tom Robertshaw, 11:27, 31 Jan 2017
- Hong Kong Trail (45km / 1,300m, supported) - William Davies, 3:39:21, 7 Feb 2010
- Hong Kong Trail (reverse, 45km / 2,000m, self supported) - Michael Skobierski, 4:36:34, 21 Dec 2016
- Hong Kong Trail (reverse, 45km / 2,000m, self supported) - Stephanie Roland, 6:38:02, 22 Jun 2018
- Round The Island (64km / 1,100m, supported, east loop first) - William Davies, 4:20:00, 3 Apr 2011
- Double Au (52km / 3,600m, self-supported) - Julien Chorier, 6:50:09, 16 Nov 2012
- Double Phoenix (21.5km / 2,200m, supported) - Jeff Campbell, 3:01:34, 8 Apr 2017
- Double Twins (9.3km / 1,100m, unsupported) - Jeff Campbell, 1:11:05, 14 Feb 2017
- King of the Hills Full Marathon Hong Kong (30.5km, supported) - Neil Tait, 2:52:48, 25 Jan 2004
- HKTR Plover Cove Challenge (17.9km / 650m, unsupported) - Jan Littlewood, 1:42:33, 10 Mar 2012
- Round the Hong Kong Island Time Trial (96.5km / 1,950m, self-supported) - Chris Mak, 19:29, 16 Mar 2018
- Round the Kowloon Peninsula (71.1km / 1,320m, self-supported) - Chris Mak, 13:37, 9 April 2018
- Circumnavigate Hong Kong (360km, multi-stage) - Mark Western, 7 days, 27 Dec 2018 to 2 Jan 2019
- Pole to Pole (HK-Kowloon-NT from north pole to south pole, 66km / 1,110m, self-supported) - Chris Mak, 11:43, 16-17 Feb 2019